Encounter Performing Arts Company
Summer Dance Intensive
Excellent training in an encouraging enviornment
Encounter Performing Arts Company
2020 Summer Dance Intensive Information and Requirements
Are you wanting to perfect your art form and potentially pursue a professional career in dance?
Encounter Performing Arts Company will be hosting a month-long summer dance intensive this July!
We are inviting dancers from all over the country to come join us for this unforgettable experience!
We are excited to announce that all of our faculty are either currently or former professional dancers from all over the United States. They will be joining us virtually and in-person to train and teach both technically and spiritually. Dancers will receive intense, high quality training in a healthy, professional, and Christ-focused environment.
It is our desire to aid students in reaching their goals and to help cultivate excellence in every aspect of life, all to the glory of Jesus Christ.
Four Week Session: July 5th - July 31st
First Session: July 5th - 17th
Second Session: July 20th - 31st
Classes will be held at the Grace Ballet & Acrobatics Studio.
1380 NE 66th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
1) Must be 11-24 years old.
2) Female applicants must have a minimum of 3 consecutive years of ballet training and 1 year of pointe.
3) Men must have a minimum of 2 years of ballet training.
4) All applicants must be currently in dance training.
5) Must be able to train up to 6 hours daily, 5 days a week.
All students must submit an application packet, including...
1) Online Application (see below)
2) $35 non-refundable registration fee
3) Photos: One head shot. One first arabesque profile - en pointe for ladies, demi-pointe for
men. Black leotard and pink tights for ladies. Fitted, black shirt and black tights for men.
No larger than 5x7. Please email photo to email@example.com.
4) Medical Insurance Information
5) Photo Release Form (link here)
6) Credit Card Information (photo of front and back of card)
Two Weeks - $375.00
Four Weeks - $500.00
Host Homes are available upon request for an additional $200.00 per week.
**Payments may be submitted either by check to Encounter Grace Ministries and mailed at 1380 NE 66th Ave. Des Moines, IA 50313
OR sent to our Venmo account, @Encounter-PAC.
Scholarships will be given out to select students during the intensive to be used for the following summer intensive.
If a dance school sends three students to our summer dance intensive, we will give a fourth student a free tuition scholarship for either a two week session or half off of the four week session. The student that is wishing to apply for the scholarship must still pay the registration fee of $35. In order to apply, the studio owner must submit this application.
An audition for the Encounter Performing Arts Company ELEVATE level will be held following the intensive on August 1st,
9:00am - 12:00pm at the Grace Ballet and Acrobatics Studio.
Dancers selected would begin training with the company August 17th, 2020.
Summer Dance Intensive Schedule
Check in & Orientation: July 5th, 7:00pm - 8:00pm at the Grace Ballet and Acrobatics Studio.
Weekly Classes: 9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Classes will be offered in Ballet, Pointe, Choreography, Variations, Contemporary, Conditioning, and Musical Theater.
In addition, the schedule will include seminars, creative worships, daily devotions, and small group discipleship.
At the end of the second and fourth weeks, students will have the opportunity to perform original choreography set on them for an audience.
Optional weekend activities/outings in the Des Moines area.
1) Michael Viator - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist; current EncounterPAC Artistic Director
2) Olivia Viator - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist; current EncounterPAC Assistant Director
3) Roz Mignogna - Former dance captain for Wicked on Broadway and on tour
4) Danielle Drake - Former artist with Ballet Magnificat; currently teaching in Texas
5) Rachel Christiansen - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist
6) Bess Trew - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist; current professional dancer at Instruments Ballet Company