Encounter Performing Arts Company
Summer Dance Intensive
Excellent training in an encouraging enviornment
Encounter Performing Arts Company
2020 Summer Dance Intensive Information and Requirements
Are you wanting to perfect your art form and potentially pursue a professional career in dance?
Encounter Performing Arts Company will be hosting a month-long summer dance intensive this July.
We are inviting dancers from all over the country to come join us for this unforgettable experience!
We are excited to announce that all of our faculty are either currently or former professional dancers and will be coming from all over the United States to train and teach dancers both technically and spiritually. Dancers will receive intensive, high quality training in a healthy, professional, and Christ-focused environment.
It is our desire to aid students in reaching their goals, to help cultivate excellence in every aspect of life, all to the glory of Jesus Christ.
Classes will be offered in Ballet, Pointe, Choreography, Contemporary, Conditioning, Tap, and Musical Theater.
In addition, the schedule will include seminars, daily devotions, and small group discipleship.
At the end of the second and fourth weeks, students will have the opportunity to perform original choreography set on them for an audience.
Dancers may come for either two or four weeks...
July 5th - July 17th (1st session)
July 19th - July 31st (2nd session)
July 5th - July 31st (4wk session)
**Registration will open to students for the full four week session. Those wishing to apply for either two week session will be given space as it is available.**
Classes will be held at the Grace Ballet & Acrobatics Studio.
1380 NE 66th Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
1) Must be 11-24 years old.
2) Female applicants must have a minimum of 3 consecutive years of ballet training and 1 year of pointe.
3.) Men must have a minimum of 2 years of ballet training.
4.) All applicants must be currently in dance training.
5.) Must be able to train up to 6 hours daily, 5 days a week.
All students must submit an application packet, including...
1) Online Application (see below)
2) $35 non-refundable registration fee
3) Photos: One head shot. One first arabesque profile - en pointe for ladies, demi-pointe for
men. Black leotard and pink tights for ladies. Fitted, black shirt and black tights for men.
No larger than 5x7. Please email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Medical Insurance Information
5) Photo Release Form (link here)
6) Credit Card Information (photo of front and back of card)
Four Weeks - $1,000.00 Two Weeks - $600.00
Host Homes are available upon request for an additional $200.00 per week.
Scholarships will be given out to select students during the intensive to be used for the following summer intensive.
An audition for Encounter Performing Arts Company INSPIRE and ELEVATE levels will be held following the intensive.
Dancers selected would begin with the company August, 2020.
Summer Dance Intensive Schedule
Check in & Orientation:
Four week students, July 5th
Two week students, July 5th or July 19th
Classes: 9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
Devotions, Technique Class, Pointe Class, Contemporary/Jazz, Conditioning, Musical Theater, Variations Class, Choreography,
Seminars and Creative Worships - at least one of each per week.
Optional weekend activities/outings in the Des Moines area.
1) Michael Viator - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist; Current EncounterPAC Artistic Director
2) Olivia Viator - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist; Current EncounterPAC Assistant Director
3) Roz Mignogna - Former dance captain for Wicked on Broadway and on tour.
4) Danielle Drake - Former artist with Ballet Magnificat; currently teaching in Texas
5) Rachel Christiansen - Former Ballet Magnificat company artist
6) Bess Trew - Former Ballet Magnificat artist; Current professional dancer at Instruments
7) Kinsey Jarm - Former Ballet Magnificat artist
8) Hannah Beaver - Former Ballet Magnificat artist and freelance teacher.